Thank you for a Wonderful Year! It's because of you this was all possible!
At JMTE, we are proud to have had an incredible year of successes, and we owe it all to our clients and partners. We are grateful for your trust in our planning and engineering expertise, and we are thrilled to have contributed to your achievements. As we celebrate these milestones, we look forward to continuing to work with you to achieve even greater success in the future. Thank you for being an essential part of the JMTE community.
Together, we have accomplished so much this year, here are just a few highlights.
- 13 years in business
- Voted the Chamber’s Small Business of the Year.
- Voted Haywood County’s Best Engineering Firm.
- Selected for the first ever NCDOT Small Business on Call Contract
- Completed 156 NCDOT Data Collections
- Work Academy Trained
- 573 SCDOT in Work Zone Academy
- 908 Flaggers, 509 Installers, 330 Supervisors, 78 Flagger Instructors
- Opened 106 new Engineering/Planning Projects
- Opened 12 new Forensic Projects – 5 depositions & 3 trials
- Had zero lost work hours due to injuries.
Client Spot Light
The Furman Company
The Furman Company has proposed a new mixed-use community called Aspire on 10.51 acres of previously developed land in the City of Asheville, North Carolina. Aspire will replace the Asheville YMCA building at 30 Woodfin Street and the office building at One Oak Plaza with five mixed-use buildings and two parking decks. The land-uses will include residential, office, retail, hotel, and a YMCA. The historic First Baptist Church will be the only existing building that will remain. The proposed development aims to provide a vibrant, walkable community for residents and visitors alike.
A recent article in the Citizens Time, by Ryley Ober Public Safety Reporter, explains the plans to address Project Aspire’s impact on traffic.
JMTE Employee Spotlight
Pace Bowman - Engineering Technician
We are proud to introduce Pace, a skilled civil engineering professional, has achieved two associate degrees in civil engineering technology and Land Surveying from Southwestern Community College. With a strong commitment to personal development, Pace is currently pursuing his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering. His dedication to learning is further evidenced by his completion of several training courses, including OSHA 10-hour safety, OSHA Confined Space, and NCDOT Flagger Certification.
As a native of Western North Carolina, Pace brings a deep understanding of the region’s infrastructure needs. His passion for the profession and commitment to safety make him an asset to any project. We congratulate Pace on his achievements and look forward to his continued success. Additionally, we would like to extend our congratulations to Pace and his wife on their recent wedding in October 2023.
Favorite reading: Game of Thrones
Favorite Movie: We’re The Millers
Favorite Quote: “Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.” -Abraham Lincoln
Favorite Food: Italian
NOW HIRING Work Zone Safety Instructor!
J.M. Teague Engineering is growing! We are in need of an additional Work Zone Safety Instructor to assist with our class offerings to clients. Below is an opening announcement. Please post or distribute to your contacts who may be interested and are qualified.
Thank you for continuing to use J.M. Teague Engineering for your training needs.
Name: Jon Sears
Title: HR Manager
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join an already amazing team!
Work Zone Safety Instructor needed for a local, high growth, dynamic, energetic, professional engineering firm. Part-time position based on client demand. Looking for a hardworking, trustworthy, and organized individual, with a strong ability to multitask. A can-do attitude is a must, along with the ability to learn quickly, and adapt to a demanding and changing work environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Serve as an instructor for assigned courses in Flagger, Installer, and Supervisor subjects per the Academy Coordinator utilizing current engineering standards communicated by individual State DOT, AASHTO and MUTCD standards.
· Assess student performance in adherence to testing guidelines and make recommendations for advanced coursework based on student ability and qualifications.
· Maintain home office with appropriate equipment to conduct all marketing and training issues, or maintain an office at the JMTE office in Waynesville
· Stay up to date on advancements in the field and new research being produced in your area of expertise.
· Provide timely submission of completed testing materials and evaluation forms to J.M. Teague Engineering offices.
· Conduct accurate counts of class participants and expenses incurred in conjunction with the class.
· Develop client relationships and observe potential to provide other services our company offers.
· Employee shall devote their time while engaged in activities for the Company with the attention, energy, and skill necessary to carry out their assigned tasks during the engagement term set forth below.
· Employee engagement shall be on an as needed basis.
Skills & Qualifications:
· 10 years’ experience in work related to traffic control, traffic management, or highway work zones.
· Desire and ability to instruct and mentor students, while providing the company with accurate feedback on their work force.
· Ability to address student questions using examples or stories from real world experience.
· Ability to travel by motor vehicle extensively throughout the Carolinas, Virginia, and Tennessee, often staying overnight while conducting multiple classes in various locations during a regular work week.
· Ability to use personal vehicle and provide required insurance.
· Flexibility to work within the demands of client’s schedule, as needed.
- Three years serving as an instructor in either formal or informal settings.
- Degree in Transportation Engineering or related field.
Note: On the job training and required certifications will be offered following employment.
Submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest with your salary requirements to email@example.com. Please list Work Zone Safety Instructor in subject line. NO PHONE CALLS.
If you meet qualifications, you will be contacted for an interview.