J.M. Teague Engineering is growing! We are in need of an additional Work Zone Safety Instructor to assist with our class offerings to clients. Attached is an opening announcement. Please post or distribute to your contacts who may be interested and are qualified. Thank you for continuing to use J.M. Teague Engineering for your training needs.
Work Zone Safety Instructor needed for a local, high growth, dynamic, energetic, professional engineering firm. Part-time position based on client demand. Looking for a hardworking, trustworthy, and organized individual, with a strong ability to multitask. A can-do attitude is a must, along with the ability to learn quickly, and adapt to a demanding and changing work environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as an instructor for assigned courses in Flagger, Installer, and Supervisor subjects per the Academy Coordinator utilizing current engineering standards communicated by individual State DOT, AASHTO and MUTCD standards.
- Assess student performance in adherence to testing guidelines and make recommendations for advanced coursework based on student ability and qualifications.
- Maintain home office with appropriate equipment to conduct all marketing and training issues, or maintain an office at the JMTE office in Waynesville
- Stay up to date on advancements in the field and new research being produced in your area of expertise.
- Provide timely submission of completed testing materials and evaluation forms to J.M. Teague Engineering offices.
- Conduct accurate counts of class participants and expenses incurred in conjunction with the class.
- Develop client relationships and observe potential to provide other services our company offers.
- Employee shall devote their time while engaged in activities for the Company with the attention, energy, and skill necessary to carry out their assigned tasks during the engagement term set forth below.
- Employee engagement shall be on an as needed basis.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10 years’ experience in work related to traffic control, traffic management, or highway work zones.
- Desire and ability to instruct and mentor students, while providing the company with accurate feedback on their work force.
- Ability to address student questions using examples or stories from real world experience.
- Ability to travel by motor vehicle extensively throughout the Carolinas, Virginia, and Tennessee, often staying overnight while conducting multiple classes in various locations during a regular work week.
- Ability to use personal vehicle and provide required insurance.
- Flexibility to work within the demands of client’s schedule, as needed.
- Three years serving as an instructor in either formal or informal settings.
- Degree in Transportation Engineering or related field.
Note: On the job training and required certifications will be offered following employment.
Submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list Office Manager/Receptionist in subject line. NO PHONE CALLS.
If you meet qualifications, you will be contacted for an interview.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Our Company is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or gender.
Education & Training
With winter around the corner, it's time to get your staff NCDOT Qualified.
If you have 10 or more individuals that need training did you know we can come to you!
At J.M. Teague Engineering & Planning, we believe that excellence depends not only on achieving the highest level of professional standards for the services we offer but in providing first-rate education and training for other local professionals whose work is essential to public safety and community confidence. That includes everything from work zone flaggers and property developers to local planning boards and school systems. JMTE Academy offers NCDOT-approved training and certifications in Work Zone Safety, Flagging, and Flagger Instructor.
Many of our courses are available for continuing professional competency in multiple fields, including work zone supervisors, surveyors, professional and safety engineers, insurance professionals, and more. We offer onsite industry-specific courses as well as periodic training opportunities for individuals who need to obtain or renew certifications. Additional courses can be prepared and presented on request.
We take pride in structuring our courses to incorporate hands-on experience, using current law and real-life examples of the kinds of transportation safety issues that arise in communities. We’ll do our best to make sure that everyone – from members of the public to work zone employees – get home safely every day.
We also offer custom-designed courses such as Planning Board Orientation Training, Quasi-Judicial Hearings, MUTCD Overview and Compliance, Traffic Signal Operation, and Tort Liability, and can customize training opportunities for local and state governments, local businesses and industry, developers, insurance agencies, property associations, schools, and religious institutions. Courses may be held at or near your workplace to minimize your travel requirements. To schedule a course or for more information, contact us by phone at 828-456-8383, or email, email@example.com; or contact Mark Blanton, Lead Instructor, at 919-413-4004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The 11th Edition of the MUTCD is Now Available!
On December 19, 2023, a final rule adopting the 11th Edition of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways—the MUTCD—was published in the Federal Register. The new MUTCD includes a number of updates to improve safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, and all road users.
States must adopt the 11th Edition National MUTCD or have a State MUTCD or Supplement that is in substantial conformance with the National MUTCD as their legal State standard for traffic control devices within two years. The Federal Register notice, which provides detailed discussion of the final dispositions of major changes from the 2009 Edition, can be viewed at https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2023-27178. To view the 11th Edition of the MUTCD and other related information, go to the MUTCD Current Edition web page.
United States Department of Transportation Press Release
FHWA Releases New Traffic Control Device Manual with Updates to Improve Safety for Pedestrians, Bicyclists, and All road Users, Help Drivers Find EV Charging Stations, and Encourage New Innovations to Improve Travel
Check out the MUTCD News Feed for up-to-the-minute information on new items such as Interim Approvals, Official Interpretations, Policy Statements, Federal Register notices—everything you need to make the most of your MUTCD and keep road users on the move!