We asked the questions so now you know!
“There is only one way to succeed in anything…and that is to give it everything.” –Vince Lombardi A great quote from a proven winner, but even more important is the personality that never shied from competition and perseverance in all conditions. JM Teague Engineering has that same grit and determination in all we do for our clients. We also like having a good time and truly enjoy our team. In the spirit of the LARGE Football Game!!! We have decided to share a little of ourselves, from sharing our picks to win THE BIG GAME, to a quote that defines a part of our personality and some facts relating to those lesser-known aspects of our personal life. Have a great weekend and call us if you need us!!
We asked the questions so now you know.
- Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl
- What is an unknown fact about you
- Your favorite quote
J. Mark Teague, P.E., CPM
Owner & Principal Engineer
- The Bengals because Phil saw his shadow.
- Fun Mark fact – I have always been fascinated by construction and almost majored in it. When I was a kid my school was being added onto. While “investigating” the new construction from my bicycle I became so focused on the heavy equipment that I rode my bike right into the school building and broke my foot. Was in a cast for 8 weeks.
- “If your dreams don’t scare you they are not big enough” ~ Unknown
- Bengals because I can’t cheer for the Rams because they remind me of UNC-CH
- In one job as a dam tour guide, I was allowed to go into the operations room of the largest hydroelectric station in the Duke Energy system with tour participants. The lucky ones also got to go inside the concrete structure and see the turbines and leaking walls. Tours ended with the increase in hostilities just prior to Operation Desert Storm.
- God is looking for those with whom God can do the impossible– what a pity that we plan only the things that we can do by ourselves.~A. W. Tozer
David B. Gildersleeve, MUP
Client Relations Manager
Urban & Regional Planner
- US Navy Top Secret clearance….participated in the debriefing of the USS Pueblo crew upon their return from North Korea after the North Koreans seized the ship.
- “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you are while your reputation is merely what others think of you” John Wooden, UCLA Basketball Coach.
David W. Hyder, P.E.
- What people don’t know is I have been on the set of 1 tv show (“Sliders”) and 1 movie (Dirty Dancing) and no I was not a cast member.
- “I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have time.” Mark Twain
Kenny Armstrong, AICP, CZO
Senior Transportation Planner
- Bengals (though I’m more of a soccer guy)
- I was a coxswain on my high school rowing team
- “The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
Candace B Hladick
- Cincinnati Bengals
- I am a beekeeper
- “I am strong, because I’ve been weak. I am fearless, because I’ve been afraid. I am wise, because I’ve been foolish.” Chris Gardner
- Rams; always root for the NFC team
- Paranormal investigator our Team has worked with Jason and Steve from the Ghost Hunters TV show
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, NOT a government agency
- Cincinnati Bungles
- Was an ordained minister
- “Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.” Groucho
- I am a garage sale/thrift store junkie
- “Be decisive. Right or wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn’t make a decision.” ~Unknown~
Work Zone Safety Instructor, Safety Specialist
- I worked as a commercial diver right out of college. This really means I was an underwater laborer because I had no skills other than being a scuba diver and friends with the guys that owned the company. I mainly worked at the Brunswick County Nuclear Plant cleaning the fish diversion screens in the canal leading up to the plant. On one occasion I worked at the canal discharge station doing underwater maintenance work (shoveling oyster shells into 55-gallon drums…for days!). The oysters grew so rapidly because the water was always warm (It had come from the cooling pool inside the nuclear plant). Now you know! 😊
- I have many favorite quotes, however, this one seems to resonate with me (today): “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
Work Zone Academy & Marketing Coordinator
- Currently in the process of developing and building a motorcycle campground on our 45 acres in Canton NC. “Wander Over Yonder”
- Positive thoughts generate positive feelings and attract positive life experiences. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Mae West
Assistant Office Manager
- Puppy Bowl
- I am somewhat of a packrat
- “This too shall pass” unknown
- Puppy Bowl
- (YEARS ago) along with another guy I worked with, we were spokespersons for the Mississippi Ice Cream brand – Seale-Lilly. Did TV commercials featuring “Flavor of the Season!”
- “First things first” ~ unknown