JMTE helps Equestrian Center prepare to welcome the world
What promises to be one of the largest sporting events in North Carolina history will take place in western North Carolina in September 2018, when Polk County’s Tryon International Equestrian Center hosts the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI) World Equestrian Games 2018 (FEI WEG).
Everyone can help make school zones safe
Most every year, JMTE has the opportunity to assist schools in studying traffic flow and pedestrian safety issues, to help reduce the possibility of traffic accidents while coming to and from school.
- Young children are quick and often unaware of danger. Each year, many children are injured or killed when they suddenly dart into the path of a car.
- Most young children are injured near their home or on their own street.
- Most crashes involving young children occur between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Most crashes involving young children occur in fair and warm weather.
- Twice as many young boys are injured as young girls.
JMTE promotes, adds staff members
Planning grant deadline is Nov. 9th
The deadline to submit a proposal for the 2018 Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning Grant Initiative is 5 p.m., Friday, Nov. 9, 2017.